Saturday May 11th: Join us for a fun workshop all about balance! Explore new ways to assess and improve your balance. 9:30-11am / Wallingford Presbyterian Church.
Learn how our vision, inner ear, and the strength of muscles and joints all work together to help us balance. Improve your sense of balance through fun exercises while creating good balance habits that can be incorporated into everyday situations. In this workshop, we’ll:
- Evaluate our balance using a timed exercise.
- Get mindful: create a mind-body connection by focusing on the breath to improve awareness.
- Get in touch with our feet, the foundations of balance.
- Learn new postural habits: good alignment means stability.
- Stretch and strengthen muscles used for balance.
- Learn new visual habits: lift the gaze to encourage use of peripheral vision.
- Practice increasingly difficult balance challenges in a supportive, non-judgmental environment – such as: standing yoga balance poses, walking a balance beam, ball-handling, and other exercises that challenge our balance.
- Explore the “edge” of our balance ability.
- Celebrate our victories no matter how small by supporting and encouraging each other!
Participants of all ages and mobility levels welcome. Chairs will be provided, and if you have a yoga mat, please bring one. (Or borrow one from Team Sun Wellness, supplies limited) We will be placing chairs on the mats to create a non-slip surface. In addition, there may be an opportunity to practice more advanced standing yoga poses depending on participant’s interest. Class size limit 30.
About the Instructor: Ann MacMullan Jeans is a certified yoga instructor (EYT-200) and teaches yoga, meditation, and balance classes in the Philadelphia area with her company Team Sun Wellness.
Balance 101 Workshop
Saturday May 11th 9:30-11:00am / Wallingford Presbyterian Church