Join us for a fun workshop all about balance!
- Friday March 6th, 10-11:15am / Wallingford Presbyterian Church / $25
There’s a real “use it or lose it” component to maintaining your balance. Whether you’re looking to prevent balance issues or to reverse them, you need to challenge your balance on a regular basis. In our class we’ll be learning safe, effective exercises that can improve your balance, flexibility, and strength. With practice, almost anyone can achieve better balance.
In this workshop, we’ll:
- Evaluate our balance using a timed exercise.
- Get mindful: create a mind-body connection by focusing on the breath to improve awareness.
- Get in touch with our feet, the foundations of balance.
- Learn new postural habits: good alignment means stability.
- Stretch and strengthen muscles used for balance.
- Learn new visual habits: lift the gaze to encourage use of peripheral vision.
- Practice increasingly difficult balance challenges in a supportive, non-judgmental environment – such as: standing yoga balance poses, walking a balance beam, ball-handling, and other exercises that challenge our balance.
- Explore the “edge” of our balance ability.
- Celebrate our victories no matter how small by supporting and encouraging each other!
Participants of all ages and mobility levels welcome. Chairs will be provided, and if you have a yoga mat, please bring one. (Or borrow one from Team Sun Wellness, supplies limited) We will be placing chairs on the mats to create a non-slip surface. Class size limit 20. Pre-purchase your spot by clicking below – credit card and PayPal accepted. Or bring a check or cash to class, but email to hold your spot: email@example.com
About the Instructor: Ann MacMullan Jeans is a certified yoga instructor (E-RYT 200) and teaches yoga, meditation, and balance classes in the Philadelphia area with her company Team Sun Wellness.