Prepare for the holidays by wrapping yourself in the grace and joy of yoga. Our 75-minute practice features a lighthearted sequence safe for all levels, even total beginners and kids! Combat the winter blues and stress of the holidays by meeting yourself fully on the merry mat. Light refreshments and community connection to follow. A percentage of the proceeds will be donated to ABC Strath Haven. Admission is free for ABC students, staff, and host families! Bring your own mat, some extra mats provided.
Saturday December 15th 10:00am – 11:30am Wallingford Presbyterian Church $30
In this special winter session, held in Fellowship Hall, we’ll:
- Practice simple breathing techniques for taming stress and building energy.
- Fuse breath with movement to achieve a state of balance.
- Explore the process of staying present during a variety of reclining, seated, and standing postures. Play with the pulse of movement within yoga poses and enjoy extended transitions between poses.
- Delve into how to navigate moments of resistance we might experience during a yoga class, and find ways to move through potential distractedness, judgment, new physical sensations, or anxiety.
- Be encouraged to listen to our own needs by turning down the noise of the mind and accepting whatever thought or feeling is in the foreground.
After our yoga practice, feel free to stay and connect with fellow members of the community and enjoy some light refreshments and music. Class size is limited to 35.
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org and secure your spot. When you pre-register, you’ll have the chance to enter our raffle to win a free spot in your choice of the group sessions scheduled for January! Two winners will be announced after class. If you have already registered for a group class and you win, you’ll be refunded.
- Pay through PayPal or credit card (button below):
- Send a check: Ann MacMullan / 1809 S. Bancroft St. Philadelphia, PA 19145
Gift of Yoga Workshop
50% will be donated to ABC House Strath Haven