Healthy workplaces all start with healthy workers. As adults, we spend one third of our lives at work, yet so often we barely stop working to even eat lunch. If we make time to create routines that support our physical, mental, and emotional health and well-being, we can change the health of the workplace. Healthy workers are present and feel good about themselves and their workplace roles and relationships. They are responsive, not reactive in stressful situations, and understand the importance of self care for achieving work-life balance.
Our Recharge sessions employ mindful techniques that focus on the fundamentals: improving posture, breath and balance. We’d like to help your team:
- Manage stressful workplace situations through simple, focused breathing exercises.
- Improve posture and balance by connecting the breath with simple yoga-based movement.
- Enhance workplace safety and injury prevention through situational awareness.
- Build work/life balance through mindful meditation and simple self-care routines.
Here is how we can help your team recharge through optimizing three simple tools: posture, breath and balance.
- Understand why correct posture is essential to health and well-being.
- Learn several simple exercises targeted at improving posture.
- Build moment to moment awareness of the posture through the breath.
- Use the breath to manage stress, anxiety and depression.
- Practice breathing techniques and guided breath meditations.
- Discover how the breath can make everyday tasks both safer and easier.
- Understand how the systems of balance – vestibular, vision, and proprioceptive – rely upon our posture and breath.
- Practice basic balance exercises that can be integrated into everyday situations.
- Explore how the theme of balance can be applied to self-care and our relationships.
What makes our workplace history unique? We established Team Sun Wellness after learning workplace self-care the hard way. Having spent years in fast-paced, high-performing corporate environments, we, like many, struggled with prolonged exposure to stress and were challenged to find that elusive work/life balance. Being so focused on our relationships with customers and colleagues, we forgot to take care of ourselves.
Over time, we both experienced what’s called in the world of teachers, “the burnout cascade.” Cumulative stress had slowly worn down our resilience to the constantly shifting demands of each day and challenged our ability to best serve those around us. More and more often, we found ourselves reacting and not responding. Eventually, we chose to leave our highly rewarding positions to take a step back and determine how to excel in our workplace roles while also taking care of ourselves. We have learned through our training in mindfulness, yoga and agile/scrum that every tool we need to succeed is and always has been right in front of us.
Our mission is to share what we have learned and help teams like yours reach their true potential. We offer Zoom sessions. Here’s what some of our Workplace clients have to say about us:
“Thank you for your great presentation! Team Sun Wellness was so wonderful and gracious throughout the entire process of developing a corporate workshop for our nonprofit organization. Ann’s attention to detail and patience with our internal processes made her an example of a passionate leader. We had so many staff transformed that entire day from the wealth of wellness activities shared during the event. Ann and Brian were able to tailor the message to our mission and culture and the outcomes were exclaimed a thousand-fold above what we expected when planning the event. Thanks for your time, energy, and patience!! I highly recommend Team Sun Wellness for your corporate needs!”
-Sherolde H., Southern New Jersey Perinatal Cooperative, Staff Event on Work-Life Balance and Self Care Tools
“Ann is fantastic! She helped our organization institute a corporate yoga program that our employees love and benefit from tremendously. All the participants adore Ann! She is terrific at helping each of us modify our practice to our own specific needs, is incredibly friendly and has been an amazing instructor. She is the main reason our onsite program has been so successful.”
-Grace M., LexisNexis Risk Solutions